Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well I am not sure if that was summer that we had those 6 days in the 20's were very nice. Today was nice and warm. However I have been working 10 and 12 hr days trying to get things done in the store. I really think that being the son of a work-a-holic is bread into me. I love working, or maybe it is that there isn't that much else here other than work. Plus I want to succeed, and increase sales so the extra work will pay off in the end.
There is a group of local people that have been working on the sod houses, and rebuilding them. After three days of work, they look so much better, sod has been built up around all the walls.
I am staring at the walls here and really starting to miss being close to familiar faces, for the first time in all the time that I have been away. I have lived all over this great country of ours, and never have felt home sick like this. Plus I have only been away for 4 months, I don't have holidays until next spring. I know suck it up, I am making a future for myself. But after turning 35 last month all I can think about is all the things that I am missing out on back home. For instance I see pictures of my niece and nephew, and can't help to think that maybe one day I will be so lucky to have kids like that. My parents have a new dog, and the pictures are great but being there would be so much better. I missed my fathers birthday dinner today at my sisters house, wishing I could be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment