Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The town


Tonight I went over to Aurthur's house, we work together at Northern. He is from Fort Smith, but moved to Fort Good Hope for other work with the Band. Now he does independent contracts with GIS, and repairs computers in town and few other odd jobs. So back to what I was saying, on the way to the dump there is this huge hill. So I said to Aurthur that I was going to climb to the top and take some pictures so here they are. Three of us went up, it was a long trip up, and very steep. There is one picture of some really loose gravel on the weekends they have ATV competitions to see who can make it to the top. Of in the distance of the one picture you can barely see the mountains, just a faint outline. These are part of the Franklin range, Angela told me that on a clear day when it is not nearly as bright as today you can see the end of the Rockies, not today.
Then we went down to the beach again and I washed my truck, or the store truck. No Dad I did not buy a truck! I am saving my money I swear. Just before we left this guy showed up, with  a couple of his friends. Aurther started to tell me that a couple of weeks ago, he stabbed his girlfriend in the leg. She had to wait until he passed out from drinking before she could call the cops. The RCMP in Tuk took forever to respond to calls. Now this here, and the worst part of this is that a week before he stabbed her he gave her two black eyes...What is he still doing on the streets????Is there not laws in this world to protect women from as#$holes like this???I am really starting to think that it is laziness on the part of the RCMP, shoplifters, assault, drinking in public or public intoxication go unnoticed. Possibly the worst thing I have ever seen and I still can't believe this happened. Just before we finished work a 4 wheeler went zipping by us, there were 6 kids yes six kids ridding it, no helmets!!! There were two on the front rack, two on the seat, and two on the back. Going the opposite way was the RCMP truck, they didn't even bat an eye at the 4 wheeler. The kids on the front had their legs dangling right in front of the wheels. When I say kids, not one of them was over 12 or 13. I know that things are different up here BUT that is just ridiculous!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment