Friday, July 23, 2010





As the night draws close to the end, I went out a just got these pictures. The last one has to be one of my new favorites. But the one that I took of mom and dad in Hope Cay, Bahama's is still number one. I am really enjoying Fort Good Hope such a small town, everyone that I have met is friendly. the village is only 400 km south of Tuktoyaktuk, but I can't believe how different the weather is. Today it was 28, while I was unpacking the sea cans the sweat was pouring off me. I am only working a half day on Saturday, then have rented a canoe and going up the river fishing for the afternoon, and evening. I was told that there is Pike in the river, it has been a while since I have ate a Pike. But from what I remember they are really good, just like muskie. When I was talking to the district manager today, he advised me that I might be spending some time in Norman Wells for a few weeks before making my way back to Tuktoyaktuk. All of this travel through the small communities of the north reinforces that I did in fact make the right decision leaving Ontario. The land, the communities, the people, and of course the 24 hours of sun are really great experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment