Friday, July 2, 2010

Canada Day







Canada Day yesterday, it was great. They had all kinds of events tea boiling which is build a fire from scratch then boil a pot of water and make tea. Then there was bannock making, which again build the fire then mix and cook the bannock in a frying pan. It was great to see the kids running to get the wood, then mixing the dough, and all the cheering. While all the events were going on there was a community bbq, that featured muktuk, caribou, and fish. Plus I had this pretzel type thing that was soooo good. The second last event was goose plucking it was so much fun. The feather's were flying! It was great to watch the the goose plucking, now I have some kind of an idea of what to do with the bird that is in my freezer. The last event was the canoe race, out and around the island then back again. Then wind was really picking up as the races began. There was I think 7 different heats. It was a lot of fun cheering on the different racers. I all the races there was only 1 canoe that tipped, and the rescue boats were there fast to help them out of the cold water.
Just for Madison and Carter, here is a picture of Jack that is the dog that hangs out around my place. When I first arrived here in Tuk Jack was around all the time. But I haven't seen him for the last month or so. Then yesterday there he was again, and looked so thin it was horrible. So we had dinner together, are eggs good for dogs? And for all of you reading that are trying to kill those pain in that ass yellow dandelions let it be known that they will pretty much grow anywhere if they grow here, I have yet to find grass. But I am still looking

Until next time have fun and keep your stick on the ice

No comments:

Post a Comment