Sunday, April 25, 2010







Today was a great day, so nice. We have a pingo right here in town, about I would say maybe 75 feet high or so. I started up to the top, when I got there you could see every part of town. So I started at the airport, and panned all the way around. Tuktoyaktuk actually covers a large area for such a small town. While I was walking around town I snapped a few pics of the local buildings, the Kitti center is a community hall. The arena is the large light brown building, then there is the fire hall.
All of the of the blue buildings off in the distance are the RCMP houses and offices. I really dont understand theRCMP, in regular towns and cities across Canada there are officers that work over night, and on the weekends. Here you can apply to be a guard, and when there isn't an officer on duty civilians are paid to watch inmates over the weekend. Most of the shifts are 12 hours, and pay 30.00$ per hour. Does this seem right to you? Not me, why don't the trained officers work, isn't that what they are for?
The small white building that comes to a point is supposedly a wading pool, and it is open in the summer. I can't wait to see it, and the street sign that is the name of the road that I live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment