Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010

Last night Jason called me after work and told me that he was taking Rachel to the airport in the moving in Inuvik, and asked if I would like to go for the ride. So I said yes. Then Iwent back to making the merinade for my pork shoulder that I picked up from the store. So in a ziplock freezer bag I put half a box of apple juice, 1 can of pine apple bits, worchestorshire sauce, corn syrup, and some pepper, take out as much air as possible, and mix throughly. I left it in the fridge for the night and alll day today.
Today the ice road was in horrible shape, a very noticable difference since Sunday's trip. The small change in temperature has resulted is some serious melting. Even during the course of the day the difference in the ice from the morning to the trip home in the afternoon was big. While we were in Inuvik the stores that were closed on Sunday were now open, I picked up this great framed picture of a two wolves with the northern lights in the background. I also picked up a sketch book, and some pencils. I know that I have a creative side, and I think that with the freedom and beauty that is here it might be time to explore it.
So when we got back onto the ice road, I drove all the way back, there was alot of spot with slush spots, we cruised along at 90 km/h for a long time. Then the road got really slippery. And I had to slow down to almost 50, it took us just over 3 hours to get back. Sunday was just under 2 hours one way. But we made it safe and sound so the time really isn't an issue. After I got back I turned the oven on and cut up some potatoes and carrots and a few onions. I emptied the ziplock bag into the roasting pan, with the vegtables, and put it in the oven for just over an hour. Use your nose it really is a good tool for telling when it is done. I pulled the roast out and put it with the veg, on a serving tray and covered with foil. then I poured the juice into a sauce pan and reduced it by more than half. Then removed the foil and poured the sauce over the roast. Trust me it was very good, 4 artic snowflakes. Go ahead try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment