Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17, 2010

Really I did take pictures and a video of the snowmobiles practicing this evening. I swear I just cannot get the computer to recognize the usb connection. I was walking throught he pit area, cause you can, and I was talking to these guys that were working on there sleds they told me that down the straight away, they were only, ONLY going just over 100 mph and wanted to tweet the engines so more so that they can hit around 120 -125 mph. Thats insane. It was so loud, and no one wears helmuts just one guy. No paramedics,or fire dept. This is utter insanity, I cannot believe my eyes. However it was pretty enjoyable watching them zoom around the track. The main race is 200 miles or 60 laps and should take them around 3 hours. The top prize is $15,000 there are race teams here from all over the Northwest Territories, the Yukon, and Alaska. I have to work tomarrow from 9-6 but I am hoping to get some video of the racing, during the day. I hope it is not too busy so I can get away for a few minutes.
There was another great sunset tonight, I really think that this is the best place in the world to watch them. Well maybe a beach in the Bahama's while having a rum on the back of OUR TIME is possiblly better. It is finnally getting warmer, today during the day was around 5C. But now at midnight it is just getting colder, dropping below zero again. Hello Maddy and Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment