Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

So this is a quick little video about a pressure crack on the ice road. We did the trip last Sunday. As we drove along the crack got higher and higher. At the highest point I think the ice was lifted up around 10-12 ft. It was so cool, and to be able to safely stand right beside it was even better. You can see how stable it is there was a steady strean of graders driving north to Tuk to clear off the ice in front of our store before the weekend . This week end is the Buluga festival, I am not fully sure of what all is happening but I will keep you posted. It has really warmed up in the last couple of days, right now it is around zero. Which is nice, however one of the locals who works in the store with me Annie was showing me outside where some of the bluffs used to be, and just how much of the land has eroded. Mostly because of more water, and global warming. The climate up here is so much different than southern Ontario, and I dont just mean temp, but it is so dry. the cold doesn't really feel like a -30 feels at home. Maybe in the middle of the winter it is different? I am really missing my membership at the gym right now, and some of the conviences that we take for granted everyday. All of the meat in the store is all frozen, nothing fresh. So I have been thawing out a pork shoulder, I think that an applejuice, corn syrup, ad worchestor sauce merinade is the way to go, with some spices to. Wing it is always best! Well I am going to change my drivers License over have a great day everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment