Wednesday, April 21, 2010


April 21, 2010

Well it was an absolutely beautiful outside today. I think it got up to 5-6 degrees,which is warm from what it was. I think I like winter better. There are more potholes here than actual road. I am thinking that this was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. So this guy from town gave me couple of pounds of ground Musk Ox today, I think that I am going to make it into a lasagna and see how it tastes. I did some reading on it and supposed to be similar to buffalo, very good for you, high in protien, low in fat, no colesterol, I cant see anything wrong with trying it. I was told yesterday that the mosquitos are big enough to carry a small child away in the summer, however summer only last for a month and a half so thats not bad. The snow should be gone by the middle of May, the ice will be off the bay by the end of June, then July and August temps reach into the mid 20's. By the end of Sept. and the middle of Oct. the bay will be frozen enough to ride a snow machine across.
When I was in the store yesterday, I noticed something that I have never seen before. A whole chicken in a can. When you read under the ingredients, chicken, water, salt. There was no expiration date. How much salt do you have to put into a can like that with a whole chicken in order to make it last forever? So I thought that maybe I would make beer can chicken with it.
Not sure, it might just be one of those things that is better left alone.
So today was a laundry day, it all got was then neatly piled on my bed. Neatly piled I am pretty sure that Mom has never neatly piled laundry a day in her life,but throughout the college and years since then I have mastered he technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment