Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 9, 2010

The flight from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk was exciting, saw the trees go from there to not there at all,. Plus we were flying low enough that I was able to an entire herd of Cariboo, but the pilot soon corrected me, they were reindeer Carter, yes I saw reindeer. I didn't think that I was that close to the North Pole. I wasnt able to get a picture of them, next time. I wasnt sure was I was expecting as we got closer then after crossing the tree line. Wow it is something else, No way to desctribe to you what it is like. I am having trouble uploading my pictures. But there is so much snow and ice just go on and on and on. Magnificant. The store is around 15,000 sf ft, decent size they have everything that a community of 1000 people would need. About half the store, is allocated to food, and the other half is general merchandise, clothing, picture frames, electronics, furniture.... I did some grocery shopping today, picked up a clove of garlic then quickly put it back down again when I realized that it was $9.85, yeah I am good with the dried garlic powder out of the shaker. My new duplex is a one bedroom right on the Beaufort Sea, It is I think the nicest place I have ever lived, which is kinda funny given that it is the most remote place in Canada. Everyone that I have met so far is very friendly, and tonight there is a charity poker game at the Kitty Hall. It starts around 8pm. LAst night when I went to bed the the sun was still up, it does not get dark around here right now until around 11 pm, by the end of May we will have 24 hours of light and it will last until the end of Sept. I have to say that the primary trasportation is the snowmobile, followed by a number of large 4WD trucks. I really wish that I didn't leave my sunglasses on the dash of the red car.

No comments:

Post a Comment