Monday, May 10, 2010





So for those of you that were wondering just where I am here it is the most northern hamlet in Canada. Just a wee bit north, from Bobcaygeon. We are 6900 kms, from Inuvik to Bobcaygeon is just under 6700 kms, then about 150 km from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk. So from two weeks ago, until mid December we are fly in /out only. But when the ice road is open you can drive all the way here.
View Larger MapFrom Tuktoayaktuk to the north pole is only 2400 km to the best of my calculations. I am closer to the north pole. I have attached a google earth map, it is really easy to tell where it is.


View Larg

The second picture with the telephone pole in it is looking north towards the north pole. What are the chances of getting there? The last pic is looking south east and both were taken last night around midnight. For some reason the pictures are dark, but it was fairly bright. Getting used to the light all the time is really hard, I get tired. Then I am not, and it is light so why not go for a walk.
The third pic is of the red squirrel they are really huge, with a really small tail. You cant really see it in this pic. I will try and get another one that is better. Well I am heading over to the store, Need to get some cleaning supplies, and something for dinner tonight. It is a beautiful day here today, only -11C, tomarrow a low of -20C and then warmer as the week goes on. Thank god, because this double digits below zero really stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment