Tuesday, May 11, 2010



Earlier this week we got in fresh rhubarb, cherries and some berries. So I made a pie tonight complete with the crust and everything. Can't believe it myself but damn it was good. I found this awesome recipe for the crust on the net that had 7up in it instead of water, so I tried that too, and it really turned out great. Yesterday, Monday was my day off and I was watching the food network and one show had that basket weave top on the pie. So I wanted to try it, it is way harder than it looks on tv, but ffor a first try I think it turned out okay. Maybe when I grow up and figure out what I want to do with my life the kitchen might be an option lol.
In the last two days we have been unloading planes like it is going out of style, usually all of the stuff that is being shipped right now, comes on the barge in the middle of the summer, but we have it now. Well it is really late and time to hit the hay so to say, hehehe...

PS mom I got that envelope the other day that you sent but opened it tonight, thank you for the card, I have it sitting on my entertainment center. I really thought that spring was on the way, however yesterday was -20C today was -25C, and then there is the wind. I have been walking after work to try and get some exercise but there is no way that with that 50 kmh wind and -25C temp. I was going anywhere but to bake that pie.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed Chris! Those pies look amazing. I am going to have to try the 7 up recipe. Maybe that would work for me...

    ReplyDelete