Sunday, August 29, 2010


Wow I just went for the greatest hike, and think that it was possiblly one of the best days of my life.  I had such a great day.  The hike down the Goat Trail was so steep, like a 75 degree down grade. There are ropes on hills for safety, then there are ropes that you have to use. In this case it is the latter reason. The path is around  16 inches wide and nice and easy at first then it drops off. It was interesting trying to find a crossing for all the creeks. There must have been 5 different tributaries, all like 8 ft wide. The valley was so breathe taking being out there all alone, it was quiet and peaceful. Amazing. I was very successful in finding any fossils in Fossil Canyon but to be honest I wasn't really looking that hard, I was more interested in making my way up the river to the waterfall. I am off for now I am simply put exhausted. What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment