Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Norman Wells

I arrived in Norman Wells, on August 9 it was a great day for traveling. I will never get tired of the landscape in the Northwest territories.  I really think that when I get to the airport they pick the smallest plane possible then send me in that. Dave Bruce we were in a plane just like yours. It was a Cessna 160, that I took from Fort Good Hope to Norman Wells. I had no idea they did this flew in such small planes, but economical and fun. We flew pretty low, and could really see the ground most of the way. Only for a little bit were we above the clouds, when we went over the Franklin mountains, but I really don't think that they look like mountains more like foothills.
So I have been walking around town, and there is so much oil here there are man made islands that are just for the pumps. Plus there is three or four pump right in town. I don't have any pictures yet, the weather has been terrible the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment