Friday, August 6, 2010



So tonight was given the keys the Fort Good Hope Catholic church. A couple of weeks ago I did a posting about the church with all the pictures of the outside. People told me how great the paintings were inside, but it is grand. They are all original, and hand painted between 1880 and 1885. All of the wood working, the arches columns are all original. They have been taken care of remarkably well given their age. I was astonished at the inside, the ceiling is painted royal blue with gold stars, and the huge round stained glass window casts the brilliant glow of yellow, red,  and blue over everything. I was very luck with this opportunity. Just yesterday my travel intinary was faxed through.  On Monday morning I am heading off to Norman Wells. I have heard different things, about it. I believe that Norman Wells is an oil town, with most of the employment coming from ESSO. Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment