Wednesday, June 23, 2010









Last night I was going for a walk and this guy came up and asked me if I wanted to buy a carving, so I said that I would have a look. They were really nice I mean like the carving that you see in a fine arts store. These pieces look great and are all carved stone, bone and antler. The artist's name is Curtis Taylor, and he is an Inuvialuit Carver. So if you are in the market for a nice carving let me know and I can arrange for it to be shipped, or better photo's of whats available.
While I was out walking along the oceanfront, there was so much drift wood I have never really seen anything like it. I was really stumped ( no pun intended) when I saw the stump. How does something this large turn into driftwood? Seriously this stump is about 10' around at the largest point, plus from the bottom to the top is up to just under my arm pits I figure 60". I wonder where it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment